Effective Supervisory Skills
Understanding the Role of the Supervisor
Supervisors play a key role in any organization. They are responsible for creating a link between upper management and front-line employees, and have a dramatic impact on employee performance and behavior.
In this full day program your supervisors will gain an understanding of their role in the organization, acquire knowledge of the legal issues and liabilities facing supervisors. Afterward, they will have a desire to develop more effective supervisory skills and leadership competencies.
Part 1: The Effective Supervisor
- Identify the top ten mistakes of new supervisors.
- Identify competencies necessary for success.
- Identify individual strengths and opportunities for improvement.
- Develop ideas and a plan to improve your individual competencies.
Part 2: Legal Considerations for New Supervisors
- Identify a supervisor’s legal responsibility.
- Discuss aspects of the employment relationship.
Part 3: Leadership and Vision
- Identify the role of vision in leadership.
- Identify the key characteristics of an effective vision.
- Create a personal leadership vision statement.
Part 4: Motivating Others
- Identify a model of motivation.
- Identify the differences and similarities between values and beliefs.
- Practice developing “win-win” situations when attempting to change others’ behaviors.
Part 5: Enhancing Your Supervisory Skills
- Write a personalized action plan.
- Complete a performance plan to assist in professional growth and development.