Managing Conflict is Crucial to Success
To stay competitive, high performance organizations realize they must effectively manage the interpersonal conflict that occurs among their employees. High Performance organizations are dedicated to developing employee skills needed to meet the challenges of the ever changing marketplace.
To increase high performance, managers must lay the foundation for dealing with and working through conflict. Managers need to have the essential knowledge about causes of conflict, types of difficult people, and strategies for preventing and managing conflict.
What You Will Gain
- Understanding the elements of conflict.
- Recognizing conflict management styles.
- Tips for handling conflict.
- Enhancing your interpersonal conflict management skills.
- Identify causes of organizational conflict.
- Identify difficult people.
- Take ownership of conflict management.
- Enhance conflict management skills.
The program can be delivered in a modularized format (2 1/2-to-3 hour sessions spaced over time) or in a 2-to-2 1/2-day format. It usually involves not only the leaders of the organization but also other key people representing a cross-section of all employees.